Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] How to calculate the parameters from manufacturer's data

1.  The description of the power ratio curve in the Input Output Reference is
misleading.  This curve is the ratio of Full Load Power at the Available
Capacity to the Full Load Power at the Nominal Capacity.  It is a ratio of
power to power, not load to power.  The following equation should help clarify
the basis of each curve:

Power = FracFullLoadPower * FullLoadPowerRat * AvailChillerCap/RatedCOP

where

FracFullLoadPower = the result of the Full Load Ratio Curve

FullLoadPowerRat  = the result of the Power Ratio Curve

AvailChillerCap   = Nominal Capacity times the result of the Capacity Ratio
Curve

RatedCOP = Nominal COP (user input)

2.  Part load data is extremely difficult to obtain.  Manufacturers are
typically not willing to publish it.  If you have no data, use the coefficients
from the example files.

Mike

On 1 Apr 2005, at 14:26, energypluser wrote:

> Dear all,
> I have some problems for using the manufacturer's data to calculate
> these following input parameters.
> I using the chiller: electric for simulation. And I have a
> question for the second performance curve coefficients calculations.
> How to use the manufacturer's data to calculate the
> FullLoadToPowerRatio? I used the available capacity divided by the
> available power for the ratio of full load to power ratio,and the
> available capacity divided by the nominal capcacity for the
> availtonominalcaparatio,is that right?
> can i get the right curve? otherwise,what is the meaning of the
> full load?Is it possible for me to get it from the manufacturer's
> data?
>  And how to get the third curve coefficient from the manufacturer's
> data?
>       Thank you in advance.
>
>                                         charlie

> http://www.energyplus.gov