Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Thermal mass effect

The radiant ceiling panels certainly complicates matters, because it causes the
surfaces temperatures in the entire zone to be cooler than they would be using
an air-only HVAC system.  You mentioned comparing total cooling load.  Have you
looked at peak cooling loads?  If there is no night venting, then I would
expect thermal mass to have a small impact on total cooling load, but it should
have a significant impact on peak cooling load, essentially flattening out the
swings in cooling load.

Mike