Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Questions about the weather file

I ran the file you uploaded (after transitioning it to V1.2.2)
and it ran without trouble on the Changchun weather file
that I downloaded from the web this morning.

My guess--you have a corrupted .EPW (EnergyPlus weather
file).  I suggest that you download the .ZIP for Changchun and
use the .EPW from there.  In the past we saw problems with
downloading individual files in some browsers.

You asked what the postfixes meant--IWEC, CTYW, TMY2, SWERA, etc.
Those define what data set the file is from.  These are described on the
weather data sources page:     www.energyplus.gov/weatherdata_sources.html

If you still have trouble, email me directly and I'll send the .ZIP to you
via
email.

Dru

                      "shirely213"
                      <shirley213213@xxxxxxx>      To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                     cc:
                      EnergyPlus_Support@yaho      Subject:  [EnergyPlus_Support] Questions about the
                      ogroups.com                     weather file

                      04/27/2005 08:44 AM
                      Please respond to             |--------------------------|
                      EnergyPlus_Support            | ( ) Federal Record       |
                                                    | (*) Not a Federal Record |
                                                    |--------------------------|

                                     User Filed as: Not Categorized in ERMS

        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
       |                                                                                    |
       | If this external e-mail is a record and you are the first EERE recipient, click the|
       |           'File to ERMS' button in the toolbar to categorize this e-mail           |
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

Linda and Mike:
     I still have the question about the weather file .I can run the
software successfully only with the weather file of the cities of USA
in the software ,and crashed running with the weather file of
changchun¡ªthe city of China .And I found that the weather file¡¯s
postfix is different ------CTYW, IWEC, TMY2. Does these postfix have
some specific meaning? And can you send me the weather file of
Changchun of different version for I don¡¯t know which file I can run
with successfully.
     Thanks a lot!

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

Yahoo! Groups Links
      To visit your group on the web, go to: