Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Daylight detailed model

I am not an expert on every fluorescent lamp and dimmable ballast, but the
ballasts that we used for dimming in our study did not dim down to zero and
minimum power input was not zero.  We used a control strategy to turn off the
lights after they were fully dimmed and the illuminance and the reference point
exceed our setpoints.  Althought the study was done with DOE-2.1e and TRNSYS-
TUD, the concept and an EnergyPlus model could be used.  So there is some
detailed lighting versus illuminance data in an IEA Task 22 Report at
http://www.iea-shc.org/task22/reports/IEA%20Daylighting%20Report%20Final.pdf
that describes the performance of the ballasts we used.

Hope that answers your question.

Peter

href="http://br.acesso.yahoo.com/";>http://br..acesso.yahoo.com/</a><BR>
> </tt>

> <tt>
> The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:<BR>
> <BR>
> The group web site is:<BR>
> <a
href="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/";>http://groups..yahoo.co
m/group/EnergyPlus_Support/</a><BR>
> <BR>
> Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.<BR>

href="mailto:EnergyPlus_Support-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx?
href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>Yahoo! Terms of Service</a>.