From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ali_Ajmi
Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 5:24 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Optimization of multi objective problems

Dear Natasa,
I am doing my PhD in optimizing the building using evolutionary algorithms
(in my study i am using genetic algorithm) to search for the optimum energy
consumption. These such algorithms can handle multi-objective function
easily, unfortunately, i am not doing multi-objective function in my
research. To read about those algorithms and may use any of those form, i
advise you to start with MatLab (Release 14). This will be good opportunity
to study conventional algorithms (that you used in GenOpt) and evolutionary
algorithms which you can compare at the end. I have interest to have a look
to your master thesis and how far GenOpt improve the energy conservation in
a building.

Regards
Ali

Natasa Djuric <natasamdj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dear,
I has used Energy Plus for two years. I had done whole my master by using
EnergyPlus and GenOpt. I diveloped model of building with hydronic heating
system. I found a way how to optimize the energy consumption and thermal
comfort by using the one objective algorithm from GenOpt. Also, I figrured
out how to optimize the parameter form schedule type.

But, now I am at my PhD in trondhem, Norway and I want to continue with my
research. Can you help me to find some program that can optimize multi
objective problems? Can you suggest me some programs or codes for internal
optimization in EnegyPlus? If there any codes for that and explanation I
hope that I can connect that in EnergyPlus. Do you know some program for
analysing lifecicle of building? And is there any possibility to connect
that program with EnegyPlus and also with given optimizaiton program?

If you do not know all these question, please give to me e-mail address or
link of people how can help me.

Thank you in advance and regards

Natasa M.Djuric

<http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com>

http://www.energyplus.gov <http://www.energyplus.gov>

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

<http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com>

http://www.energyplus.gov <http://www.energyplus.gov>

Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate
folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

   _____

Yahoo! Groups Links

*	To visit your group on the web, go to:

*	To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:

*	Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!