[EnergyPlus_Support] Radiant heat exchange

I am trying to study how radiant panel heat alters the surface temperature of an adjacent glass wall using a design day calculation.  EnergyPlus calculations include radiant energy exchange.  However, my hot panel does not appear to do anything to my glass wall (subdivided into small sections for temperature distribution analysis) unless I make it so big that it heats up the room air above the themperature set point.  Am I wrong about the program's ability to perform a calculation like this?  I previously had good results for a solar heated surface temperature model, but I wasn't using the design day simulation for that study.

Ned Lyon, Senior Project Manager

Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc.
41 Seyon Street, Bldg 1 Suite 500
Waltham, Massachusetts  02453