Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] overhang - Surface:Shading:Attached

In the BUILDING object, check the Solar Distribution field.  If it is set to
"MinimalShadowing", then the overhang will not work.  If it is set to one of
the FullExterior* options, then turn on REPORT, Surfaces, Details and check the
tilt and azimuth of every surface.  Also, check the TransSchedShadowSurf field
on the shading surface.  If this is always 1, the surface trasmits all solar
and has no effect.  This schedule should be 0 for opaque shading surfaces.

Mike

On 2 Jun 2005, at 17:10, Arno Dentel wrote:

> Hello.
> I compared two identical rooms, but one of them has an overhang.
> As report variabel I chose "Zone Transmitted Solar" but the amount of
> solar radiation entering the zone is the same.
> Has anybody a hint for me?
>
> Arno.
>

> Surface:Shading:Attached,
>     overhang,                !- User Supplied Surface Name
>     Sued,                    !- Base Surface Name
>     ,                        !- TransSchedShadowSurf
>     4,                       !- Number of Surface Vertex Groups --
> Number of (X,Y,Z) groups in this surface
>     -10,                     !- Vertex 1 X-coordinate {m}
>     -10,                     !- Vertex 1 Y-coordinate {m}
>     3,                       !- Vertex 1 Z-coordinate {m}
>      10,                     !- Vertex 2 X-coordinate {m}
>     -10,                     !- Vertex 2 Y-coordinate {m}
>     3,                       !- Vertex 2 Z-coordinate {m}
>      10,                     !- Vertex 3 X-coordinate {m}
>     0,                       !- Vertex 3 Y-coordinate {m}
>     3,                       !- Vertex 3 Z-coordinate {m}
>     -10,                     !- Vertex 4 X-coordinate {m}
>     0,                       !- Vertex 4 Y-coordinate {m}
>     3;                       !- Vertex 4 Z-coordinate {m}

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.