From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of natasamdj
Sent: Mon 6/13/2005 6:46 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] Using and/or post processing the output variables from EnergyPlus

Dear,
I have used GenOpt for the optimization of EnergyPlus. I know that
in GenOpt you can optimize just the last written variables in the
*.eso file. This means that if I want to have regular results I have
to use the daily report in optimization.

My problem is, for example, what if I want to deal with indoor
temperature at 1200. Or if I want to use in the optimization the
maximal/minimal values of some parameters. Is there any possibility
to recalculate the output results and then to use in the
optimization?

I do not know if I explained this properly. I just want to use the
particular values of some parameters in the optimization.

Please, if you know how to deal with this and if the explanation is
bigger send me that like some documentation file.

Thank you in advance and regards

Natasa M.Djuric