[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Error message on flow rate

Hi, Linda,

Thanks for your response. I have a question regarding the air loop
you mentioned.

I have a supply fan and a return fan in the system. What I did is to
put the supply fan in one branch (main air loop branch), and the
return fan in another (return air branch). The primary air loop
consists of these two branches. I think the outlet from the return
air branch is the return air inlet for the outside air system of the
main air loop branch. If this is not the correct way to do it, could
you please let me know what I should do?

Thanks again,
Chaoqin

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Linda Lawrie <linda@l...>
wrote:
> See if this further error detection will help you:
>
> Program Version,EnergyPlus 1.2.2.033, 7/17/2005 4:28 PM,IDD_Version
1.2.2.033
>     ** Warning ** No Controllers for Air System:AHU37 PRIMARY AIR
LOOP
>     ** Severe  ** Inlet parameters for plant demand side splitter
are
> not physically possible
>     **   ~~~   ** Problem in input for plant demand side HOT WATER
PLANT LOOP
>     **   ~~~   ** The maximum flow out of the splitter [10.45] is
> less than the minimum inlet flow [15.86]
>     **   ~~~   ** Flow rate inputs for the loop do not match flow
> requirements of the various branches/components
>     **   ~~~   ** Check your flow rates and make sure that flow
> balances between the splitter inlet and outlets
>     **  Fatal  ** EnergyPlus terminated due to reason stated above
>     ************* Fatal error -- final processing.  More error
> messages may appear.
>     ************* Testing Individual Branch Integrity
>
> =====> especially this:
>     ** Severe  ** Non-unique node name found, name=AHU37 RETURN AIR
INLET
>     **   ~~~   ** ..1st occurence in Branch=AHU37 MAIN AIR LOOP
BRANCH
>     **   ~~~   ** ..duplicate occurrence in Branch=AHU37 RETURN AIR
BRANCH