Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Condenser loop with Glycol?

It is possible to change fluid types, but not necessary for most types of
equipment.  In the current version of EnergyPlus, only water-source heat pumps
and the ground loop heat exchanger honor different fluid properties.  Most
other equipment (including chillers and towers) assume water properties.  In
general, the primary energy impact of using glycol instead of water is a change
in required flow rates due to different specific heats.  This adjustment can be
made by adjusting the pump head accordingly.  (Sorry this was not answered
sooner.)

Mike

On 7 Jul 2005, at 20:14, marieodeline wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have to simulate a building which has a glycol-condenser loop.
> This loop feeds a chiller (supply side condenser loop).
>
> As far as the Demand side is concerned, Glycol passes through tubes
> into a cooling tower, and so is chilled by water.
>
> Can I change the type of fluid in the condenser loop? How could I
> modelise this equipment?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Marie Odeline

> http://www.energyplus.gov