Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] The mathematical model of baseboard heater in transent period

Natasa,

Perhaps you could tells us what EPlus input parameters you are varying
for your optimization. Then we could comment on what discontinuities you
might expect.

The most obvious barrier to using EPlus in an optimization process is the
variable number of warmup days. When the number of warmup days
changes as you vary the chosen parameters, the optimization process
encounters
a serious discontinuity.

Fred Buhl

natasamdj wrote:

>Dear,
>I have used EnergyPlus for the simulation of baseboard heater. Also,
>I have used GenOpt as well. I have figured almost all mathematical
>models either from User Manual or by myself.
>
>I saw if I make the optimization of the parameters defined with
>Schedule Type, it impies the suddenly jump in the objective function
>each time when the parameter is changed.
>
>Also, I notice that if there is a changing in SetIndoor temperature
>(defined in Schedule Type) then the suddenly jump of HeatRate
>occurs. The behavoir of Baseboard Heater is defined by NTU method.
>But, in that transient moment it is not possible to connect all
>necessary parameters (zone temperature, water flow, specific heat,
>supply water temperature) by using the NTU method.
>
>Please, can you give some advice about that mathematical model?
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Natasa M.Djuric
>

>The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
>http://www.energyplus.gov
>
>The group web site is:
>
>Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.
>
>Yahoo! Groups Links

">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>