[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: The mathematical model of baseboard heater in transent period

Fred,
I had done the optimization for the simulation just for one winter
design day. I had set that the outside temperature is the same whole
day.

The parameters that I have optimized are the following: insulation
thickness (just in the outside walls), UA values for the baseboard
heater:water:convetive (in my simulation I have 9 baseboard heaters
and due to that I have 9 UA parameters for the optimization), sistem
status variable (on/off or is the baseboard heaters are in use or
no), the supply water temperature (I involved the same variable for
the each hour), and the set value of indoor temperature.

The system status parameter has been set to optimize just out of
working period. Also, the set value of indoor temperature has been
set to optimize out of working period.

I have optimized three parameters that are defined with the schadule.

I hope that I defined my problem better to you and that you can help
me.

Thank you in advance

Natasa M.Djuric

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, fred buhl <wfbuhl@l...>
wrote:
> Natasa,
>
> Perhaps you could tells us what EPlus input parameters you are
varying
> for your optimization. Then we could comment on what
discontinuities you
> might expect.
>
> The most obvious barrier to using EPlus in an optimization process
is the
> variable number of warmup days. When the number of warmup days
> changes as you vary the chosen parameters, the optimization
process
> encounters
> a serious discontinuity.
>
> Fred Buhl
>
> natasamdj wrote:
>
> >Dear,
> >I have used EnergyPlus for the simulation of baseboard heater.
Also,
> >I have used GenOpt as well. I have figured almost all
mathematical
> >models either from User Manual or by myself.
> >
> >I saw if I make the optimization of the parameters defined with
> >Schedule Type, it impies the suddenly jump in the objective
function
> >each time when the parameter is changed.
> >
> >Also, I notice that if there is a changing in SetIndoor
temperature
> >(defined in Schedule Type) then the suddenly jump of HeatRate
> >occurs. The behavoir of Baseboard Heater is defined by NTU
method.
> >But, in that transient moment it is not possible to connect all
> >necessary parameters (zone temperature, water flow, specific
heat,
> >supply water temperature) by using the NTU method.
> >
> >Please, can you give some advice about that mathematical model?
> >
> >Thank you in advance.
> >
> >Natasa M.Djuric
> >

> >The primary EnergyPlus web site is found at:
> >http://www.energyplus.gov
> >
> >The group web site is:
> >
> >Attachments are not allowed -- please post any files to the
appropriate folder in the Files area of the Support Web Site.

> >Yahoo! Groups Links

">Fair play? Video games influencing politics. Click and talk back!</a>.</font>