Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Connected Zones

This is a good start.  I would also add some cross mixing to transfer air
between the two zones.  What flow rate to use?  That is very difficult to say.

Note that windows in EnergyPlus are opaque to infrared (long-wave) radiation
(see Engineering Reference p. 171, pdf p. 199), so there is no direct radiant
exchange between surfaces in different zones even when there is an interior
window.  This should be a small effect if the windowglass is given a high
emissivity so that is will simply exchange with Zone A on one side, conduct
through and exchange with Zone B on the other side.

Also, be sure to use FullInteriorAndExterior solar distribution (in the
BUILDING object) so that beam solar can be transmitted through the partition
windows into the adjacent zone.

Mike

On 26 Sep 2005, at 9:24, dan_grunbaum wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am attempting to model zones which do not have partitions seperating
> them however they are kept at different conditions. To do this I have
> modelled them with partitions, however i have attached windows to the
> partitions which are nearly completely transparent to solar, visible
> and long wave length radiation and with a high conductivity. Is this
> the best way to model this situation or should I be doing something
> else ?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support