Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] 2 unitary groups

My apologies for the delayed response . . .

One should ask first whether there is any benefit in modeling two identical
system serving the same zone.

If the two are independently controlled and serving the same thermal zone, then
there will be no difference in simulated energy use between two units of size X
serving the same zone vs. one unit of size 2X serving that zone.

If the two units act as stage one and stage two, where the second unit does not
come on until the first unit is fully loaded, then there is a benefit in
modeling two units.  To serve a zone with two systems, there should be only one
CONTROLLED ZONE EQUIPMENT CONFIGURATION object for that zone.  There would then
be multiple inlet node names, and the zone equipment list would list more than
one piece of equipment.  Note that EnergyPlus allows only one AIR PRIMARY LOOP
to serve a zone, so one or both of the systems must be zonal equipment such as
the window air conditioner.

Mike

On 11 Oct 2005, at 22:43, dust_broom wrote:

> Hi
>
> I woul like to know if its possible to have 2 equal unitary groups
> controling the same zone at the same time! I'm asking because I've
> already tried but it didn't work, it said that the zone node cannot be
> repeted in the zone controled configuration.
>
> Best regards, Emanuel

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support