[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: How many condenser loops

Dear Sankar,

thank you for the fast response.
The problem is that we actually use exactly such a system like you
have described:
We have on the supply side of a cooling loop two parallel branches
with a chiller in each branch. One of those chillers is served by a
condenser loop with a cooling tower, and the other chiller is served
by a condenser loop with a ground heat exchanger.
If I understood your explanations about multiple condenser loops, I
think that such a system is possible to simulate.
But it doesn't work like we wont. The simulation crash always with
the following error massage:

CalcConstCOPChillerModel: Condenser flow = 0, for
ElectricChiller=LITTLE CHILLER GHE
**   ~~~   ** Occurrence info=80000_MÜNCHEN TMY2-999 WMO#=, 07/17
01:00 - 01:30.

The mass flow calculation for the condenser loop served by the
ground heat exchanger is zero, and I don't understand why. There is
no reason, why the mass flow should be zero.
The condenser plant is on (availability), the mass flow rates for
the pump, plant, chiller and ground heat exchanger are set.
The two chillers (one for the ground heat exchanger condenser loop
and the other for the cooling tower condenser loop) are defined in
the load range based operation object for the cooling loop and there
is a cooling demand in the zones.
I have seen that such a problem was discussed by Micheal White and
Mr. Ernest Tsang one year ago yet, but no solution for this problem
was posted.

Name:

Re: About condenser pump / airflow window
Nov 29, 2004
5:23 pm

I will upload the zip version of my energy plus file to the files
area, so you can have a look on the described problems (I think,
there is some problem with the type of the chiller: constant COP)

I hope you can point us in the right direction toward the solution.

Best regards

Patrik

http://us.click.yahoo.com/cd_AJB/QnQLAA/TtwFAA/dkFolB/TM