Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] primary-secondary plant loop system with different setpoint temperatures

1.  No, the current connection component assumes that the secondary water
temperature will be the same as the primary.  A controllable connection
component is planned for the next major release in 2006.

2.  This is a known bug in 1.2.3.023 which affect certain types of systems.
The errors occur in some of the early iterations due to a misplaced pump heat
adjustment.  These errors can be ignored and the fix has a very minimal impact
on overall results.

Mike

On 4 Nov 2005, at 17:29, christian1855 wrote:

> Can I use the CONNECTION COMPONENT:PLANTLOOP to build up a primary-
> secondary plant loop system with different setpoint temperatures?
>
> I've tried to adapt the TermReheatPri-SecLoop example:
> Just added a new setpoint schedule with const. 12°C and used this
> schedule in the secondary loop setpoint manager.
> But this did not work as expected. I.e. it does not change the
> temperature in the secondary loop.
> Have I forgotten something?
>

> And by the way, even the original TermReheatPri-SecLoop example gives
> a lot of warnings (E+ v1.2.3).
>  ** Warning ** Error -- Mass Flow Rate Calculation in Plant
> Loop=CHILLED WATER PRIMARY LOOP, Outlet and Inlet differ by more than
> tolerance.
> Should I ignore this warnings?
>
> Christian

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support