Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Output variables

My apologies for the delayed response.

When I report WINDOW HEAT GAIN (or LOSS) in a simulation with interior windows,
these variables are not reported at all.  Check the outside environment inputs
for these windows and their base surfaces.  They base surface should be
OutsideFaceEnvironment=OtherZoneSurface and OutsideFaceEnvironment
Object=surface name in adjacent zone.  For the window suburface,
OutsideFaceEnvironment Object must be the adjacent window subsurface name.  To
estimate the heat gains of these windows, you can report the inside and outside
surface temperatures, Zone Beam Solar from Interior Windows, and Zone Diff
Solar from Interior Windows.  I have posted a suggestion to see if the full set
of window report variables can be made available for interior windows.  They
are intentionally not reported for interior windows in the source code, but I
do not know the reason why.

Mike

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support