Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] High Mean Air Temperature in Winter

At 05:38 AM 11/13/2005, wah wrote:
>I could not understand the meaning of:
>"the position of the living space is shifted from the other zone
>as seen in the dxf output file"
>As I do not have the software to view the drawing file,
>could you please take a look of the building structure I have uploaded?

There are lots of free viewers out there.  Voloview is no longer
being supported by Autocad but can be downloaded (permission was
given by Autocad) from www.gard.com (look in their "intro to
EnergyPlus portion).

>What should the value of floor's view factor to ground be?
>The value of 0 and 1 both give an error of:
>Floor Tilt=0.0, much less than expected tilt of 180, for
>Surface=FLOOR: LIVING, in Zone=LIVING ZONE

The view factor is not the "problem" here.  Instead, you have most
likely specified the coordinates of the floor in the wrong order
(clockwise instead of counter clockwise or vice versa).  So, you're
floor is "pointing" up instead of down.  I'd suggest fixing this.

>About the high MAT in Winter,
>I made a comparison with another simulation software,
>with the same building construction and weather data,
>the MAT came out in a totally different trend
>(comparison graph in the same file)
>Although the other simulation programme uses Resistance Network Solution,
>I suppose the results would not differ to such an extent..

First get your floor oriented properly.  Also, download the voloview
and look at the DXF of your building.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list