Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Daylighting detailed

It sounds like a geometry problem.  Are you using Relative or World
Coordinates?  It sounds like some surfaces may be facing opposite of what they
should be.  Use "Report, Surfaces, Details;" to generate a list of all surfaces
and subsurfaces which includes tilt and azimuth.  This report is placed in the
eio output file.  Opening the file in Excel (using comma delimiters) makes it
most easy to read.  Check that all surfaces are facing in the desired direction.

Note that the coordinates for daylighting reference points are all relative to
the zone origin (regardless of the choice of relative or world coordinates for
surfacess).

Mike

On 6 Jan 2006, at 17:23, Rejane Loura wrote:

> Hello,
>   I'm doing simulations in EnergyPlus with the Daylighting: detailed. I've chose
>   a real room. It is a Lab in the research centre. The room has 7 windows: 4 in
>   facade north and 3 in south. The area of the zone is 56 m². I've created a
>   illuminance map with 9 points and I´ve chose two reference points in the zone.
>   And I've been doing simulations with this points in different places but in
>   all of them I've found 6 equals values. And they are in the same places in all
>   simulations. And I've had another problem, the results is showing beam
>   radiation into the room between 10 and 12 but, indeed, the room has beam
>   radiation in the afternoon (12 until 17). I've checked all of the input like
>   latitude, north axis and everything is ok. So, I woudl like to know what can
>   cause these problems? Thank You Rejane

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support