Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Surface Triangulation Error

At 10:28 AM 2/17/2006, civilnug wrote:
>I have just updated from 1.2.3.023 to 1.2.3.031, in the earlier
>version my geometry was fine but when I ran it through the first
>time on the new version I started getting the follwing errors.
>
>    ** Warning ** DXFOut: Could not triangulate
>surface="ZBASEGALLERYSTOREZGRDUNCONTROLLEDAREA1>O0>F", type="ROOF",
>check surface vertex order(entry)
>
>The problem I have with this is that the surface type in question is
>CEILING and not ROOF.

The surface class of a ceiling is a roof.

>Does anybody have any ideas?
>
>Again I was not getting these errors on the previous version I was
>using.

The previous version did not try to triangulate surfaces >4
sides.  an inadvertent problem has left triangulation as the
unintended default.  If you want to go back to the thick line
polylines, put this in for your DXF reporting:

Report,
   Surfaces, ! Type_of_Report
   DXF,         ! Name_of_Report
   Thick Polyline;  ! Specifications_for_Report

Or, you can ignore the error  -- it will try to triangulate as much
as it can of that surface -- it's only a DXF reporting issue -- it
does not affect results in any way.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list