[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: S.O.S

Hello All

Would anybody have time to review an input file for me?

My  research masters is supposed to be investigating the influence
which thermal mass has on the energy performance of naturally
ventilated office buildings.

I am stuck though.

The model which I am hoping to use as the base model in a set of
parametric studies is not performing as I had expected.

In my model the annual heating energy consumption (approximated using
a Compact:Purchased Air object) for this building in Dublin is 22kWhrs/m2.
But UK benchmark figures for space heating in this type of office
building range from 70 kWhrs/m2 (Good Practice) to 150 kWhrs/m2 (Typical).

I know the system I am using is an ideal system, but even when I
incorporate crude factors to account for boiler efficiency,
distribution losses, imperfect control etc.. there still seems to be
a significant difference between my models performance and the
benchmark figures.

I must be setting up my model incorrectly.

If anybody could help, I would be very grateful.
I will upload the file to the yahoo database.

Thanks again

Rory

This is a brief description of the model.

File Name: Open Plan Office, Dublin

Floor Area: 1495 m2
Stories: 4
Zones: 4
% Glazed Area: 60
External Wall U-Value (W/m2.K) :        .35
Roof U-Value (W/m2.K) :                 .251
Ground Floor Slab U-Value (W/m2.K) :    .8
Glazing U-Value (W/m2.K) :              2.4
Glazing SHGC:                   .6
Infiltration:                           1 ACH  (constant day+ night, all year)
Occupant Density (people/m2):   .07
Occupant Gains (W/person):              115
Lighting Gains (W/m2):          9 (controlled to switch of at 300 lux)
Office Equipment (W/m2):                15

Rory Walsh
UCD Energy Research Group
School of Architecture, Landscape & Civil Engineering
University College Dublin
Richview, Belfield, Dublin 4, Ireland.
http://erg.ucd.ie

Tel:    +353-1-716 2682