[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Ventilation sistem without return air

Hi Elmer,
Before few days I asked you about Heat Recovery in EnergyPlus. I
understood what you said to me. But still I cannot run the model. I
have some questions:
1. Should HEAT EXCHANGER:AIR TO AIR:GENERIC be listed in the Inlet
Air Branch and also in the Exhaust Air Branch? I think that it
should be, and i set it the the Branch list,but I have gotten in
error file the answer that it is "Invalid Component Type input".
2. I understood you about that everything in E+ is some kind of
loop. But how I should deal with exhaust fan? I have supposed to
have two fans, one for Inlet Air and another one for Exhaust Air.

Thank you in advance

Best wishes

Natasa M.Djuric
--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Elmer Morrissey"
<elmofuddly@...> wrote:

> Hi Natasa
>
> I ran into this problem a few weeks back... it's quite easy to fix.
> Everything in EnergyPlus is set up in loops. So all you have to do
is
> set up your air loop to `look' like another typical loop.
>
> The loop will resemble a situation where the return air is fed
> straight into the supply fans etc. However, you attach an Outside
Air
> System to the beginning of this loop along with a rotary wheel
> (examples can be found bundled with E+). All you have to do now is
> force the air to not mix by setting the minimum and maximum outside
> air intake in the Outside Air Controller to be the same level. If
you
> do this, you will get no mixing of the return and fresh air.
>
> Note: if you want to bypass the thermal wheel in certain
conditions,
> this is controlled from the OA controller too. It is well
documented
> in the input/output reference (something I missed at the time!!!!)
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> Kind regards
>
> -Elmer
>

> --- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "natasamdj" <natasamdj@>
> wrote:
> >
> > Dear,
> > I am trying to develop the model of ventilation with heat
recuperation
> > but without mixing with the return air. I am planning to apply
the
> > rotating heat exchanger. My problem is because everywhere in
Energy
> > Plus for defining the air path, there are fields for return air.
The