Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] weather data

Perhaps an example would help.  I have loaded an example of a 10-minute weather
file into the files are of the yahoo group.

Mike

  File        : /Examples/Weather 10-Minute Data.zip
  Uploaded by : mjwitte <mjwitte@xxxxxxxx>
  Description : Example of EnergyPlus weather data file with subhourly data.
EPW and CSV formats included in zip file.

You can access the file at the URL:

Minute%20Data.zip

On 18 Mar 2006 at 14:28, eric_zhou1223 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> How can I define the detailed weather data? E.g. I have measured
> several records within each hour,say, interval of 10min. The
> documentation read:
>
> A weather file may contain several ¡°data periods¡± though ... In
> addition, a weather file may contain multiple records per hour BUT
> these must match the Number of Time Steps In Hour for the
> simulation. Multiple interval data
> files can be valued when you want to be sure of the weather values
> for each time step (rather
> than relying on ¡°interpolated¡± weather data)...
>
> and:
>
> DATA PERIODS,
> N1, \field Number of Data Periods
> N2, \field Number of Records per hour
>
> also in the CTYW file:
>
> Number of Data Periods [DP] 1
> Number of Intervals per Hour 1
>
> The question is, how  could I get a CSV with detailed data points in
> each hour using the convertor, in order to custom my file?
>

> 2. What may be the difference between "opaque sky cover" and "total
> sky cover" ? The doc does not explain.
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Eric

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support