Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Human moisture mimic

1.  Diffuse solar can be measured by using a shadow band to block direct solar
from the measuring device and then making adjusting calculations to account for
the narrow band of diffuse which is also blocked.  Or total horizontal and
direct normal solar are measured and diffuse is computed from the difference.

2.  I am not sure what the question is here.  If you are asking how to convert
the latent load from people in Watts to a mass flow rate in kg/s, use the
latent heat of vaporization.  The EnergyPlus value for heat of vaporization
[J/kg H20] used to convert a latent equipment load into kg of moisture is
computed with the following equation:

2500940.0 + 1858.95*T

Where:   T  = Zone dry bulb temperature [C]

Mike

On 18 Mar 2006 at 14:33, eric_zhou1223 wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I guess the Direct Normal Radiation can be measured using meters, then
> how about Diffuse Horizontal Radiation?
>

> Besides,the function to compute people's latent gain (evaporation) can
> be checked in the Docu. (Unit walts)
>
> But, if I 'd mimic the moisture from occupants using a humidifier(Unit
> g/sec ?), this latent heat gain would not supply any guidence. Is there
> any method to determine the emitted moisture amount from humans? Or is
> there an experiential value?
>
> Thank you in advance
>
> Eric

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support