Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] warning - can't fix it

I can offer some suggestions.  If you cannot figure it out, please upload the
file to the yahoo group files area or send as a zipped attachment to energyplus-
support@xxxxxxxx.  Be sure to leave a small margin around the subsurfaces on
all sides, say at least 0.001 m.  Make sure the location of the first vertex
follows the geometry rule (for example, Lower Left Corner) in both the base
surface and the subsurface.  If these are in a horizontal surface (skylights)
make sure the starting vertex is equivalent in both the base and sub surface.
Are there any non-rectangular surfaces involved here (base surface or
subsurface)?

Mike

On 12 Apr 2006 at 13:07, sebastian.coene wrote:

> hi,
> I get the following warning message but as i view the drawing file of
> the idf i can't see anything wrong with it?
> Does this error mess with my results in any way?
>
> Warning ** Base surface does not surround subsurface (CHKSBS), Overlap
> Status=Partial-Overlap
>    **   ~~~   **   The base surround errors occurred 2 times.
>    **   ~~~   ** Surface "PLAFOND" overlaps SubSurface "RAAM 1 IN DAK"
>    **   ~~~   ** Surface "PLAFOND" overlaps SubSurface "RAAM 14 IN DAK"
>
> I made 42 windows in the building and i get this error with 4 of them
> in 2 different walls.
>
> greetings,
> Sebastian

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support