[EnergyPlus_Support] Heating coil model in EP

Dear,
I have a few questions about Heating coil model in Energy Plus. I
would like to make some optimization in GenOpt. I have been using
GenOpt for three years. Currently I think that there is no any
problem for me. Now, I am using Energy Plus version 123. I coupled
these two, except that I had to add the old Bat file that you sent
long ago. However I think that it works fine.

Now my questions are more considering the model for Water Heating
Coil. I found out that if I posted the optimization problem where
the optimization variable is Water Volumetric Flow Rate of Coil
(which defined the Coil in EP), and the objective function is Water
Flow as Output from EP (the full name is: MAIN HEATING COIL WATER
INLET NODE,System Node VolFlowRate[m3/s]), then there is no any
changes in the objective function, actually it is constant all the
time of the optimization. And of course, the optimization is
completed successfully after three steps.

I just wonder if I see the problem well, that I cannot change the
water flow of the coil by changing it in the template file, or in
the setting of the model in EP. If it is correct, then it is
possible just to change the flow by changing the inlet water
temperature of the coil and the UA value of the coil. I think that
the value for the Water Flow of coil in the EP model, that we
defined, is just some limit for calculation.

The name of the file that I uploaded on
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EnergyPlus_Support/files/
is "Information flow diagram for COIL.doc". It is *.doc file,
beacuse I just wonder if I see the heating coil model well and if my
assumption is right.
So, if it is correct, then I can post the optimization problem just
with the UA value and inlet water temperature of the coil as the
optimziation variables. After, I can get as an output the water flow
of the coil, and use that value in the result post processing. In
this way I will have easier optimization problem for GenOpt.

P.S. Sorry if my explanation is too long, and unclear, but I hope
that you can help me, or that we can make some improvements for
eachother benifitfs

Thank in advance

Natasa M.Djuric

http://us.click.yahoo.com/AHchtC/4FxNAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM