[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Autosizing full FA with heat recovery

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the response. I am trying to autosize the OA air
flowrate but I want full FA (I can't recirc the air due to
pollutants). As a result, I want to size the full system, so I want
to autosize the full plant so that it can deal will tempering 100%
FA conditions. So I guess, I am trying to autosize everything on the
air and water loop. Should this pose problems?

>From what you are saying, if you are trying to autosize absolutely
everything , you can't force full FA through the air loop (when you
have a heat recovery unit). Am I right in saying this?

Kind regards

-Elmer

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@...> wrote:

> Sorry about the slow response.  I do not understand the question.
What are you
> trying to autoszie - the coils or the OA flow rate?  It may not be
possible to
> do this with autosizing.  You may have to get preliminary sizes
and force some
> flow rates or capacities once you know the main system flow rate.
Perhaps with
> more details or an input file, we can determine how to help.
>
> Mike
>

> On 8 May 2006 at 23:22, Elmer Morrissey wrote:
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > How can you autosize full fresh air when you have a heat recovery
> > system in an AHU.
> >
> > The system is a Heat recovery -> Mixer -> fan -> heating coil ->
zone
> > -> return
> >
> > In the past, I used an enconmizer to dummy up full FA control
> > throughout the year. However, I have to set the controller to
BYPASS

http://us.click.yahoo.com/_7bhrC/NGxNAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM