RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] film coefficients

The best approach is to take the combined conv and rad coefficient and
determine what the convective-only portion is and use that in EnergyPlus.  If
there are tables of combined coefficients vs. surface emissivity, this might be
possible.

An alternative approach, just for the sake of comparison, would be to eliminate
radiant exchange by setting the Absorptance:Thermal field in the interior and
exterior MATERIAL:* layers to be something very small, such as 0.0001.  This
causes the radiant exchange to become very small, and then a combined conv and
rad coefficient can be used.  Note, however, that this will alter the behavior
of radiant gains from internal loads, and will eliminate night sky radiant
effects as well.

Mike

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support