Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Lost Messages - convertESOMTR

My apologies for the delay in responding to question 1 below.  I think you are
right that there is a mistake in the conversion factor for W->kBtuh.  In fact,
it appears that all conversion factors for kBtuh are wrong.  When this has been
fixed and checked (and re-checked), we will make a revised file available here
in the yahoo group.

Mike

On 5 May 2006 at 15:40, aboyemeplus wrote:

> A couple of my messages did not get posted yesterday. Will attempt
> to repeat them here.
>
> Message #1
>
> Jason,
>
> Moving  the W->kW line below the W->kBtuh  line did the trick!
> However, the energy rates in "kBtu/hr" were a lot lower than the
> values I had manually converted previously, using the results from
> the SI reports. The  W->kBtuh conversion factor used in
> the "convert.txt " is not correct. There are 1/0.2928 or 3.414
> Btu/hr/Watt not 0.2928 Btu/hr/Watt. Therefore, the final conversion
> factor becomes 3.414 * E-3  kBtu/hr/Watt. Please verify and let me
> know if you agree. Thank you for your support.
>
> Merid
>
> Message #2
> Reported Zone Mean Radiant temperatures do not match input
> cooling /heating setpoints. Since the value of the "time setpoints
> not met" output variable is 0 hours, I am concluding that Zone/Sys
> average temperature is the controlled variable. Unfortunately, I am
> unable to generate this variable. The Error file does not provide
> further information on how to resolve this issue. Any hints on how I
> can generate zone average Air temperature data is greatly
> appreciated.
> Thank you for your support.
>
> Merid

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support