Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] SimHVAC - max iterations exceeded -- error

You can add "Diagnostics, DisplayExtraWarnings;" to see more information about
how far out of balance things are when a max iteration error occurs.  From the
symptoms you describe, I would expect to see that the simulation is not far off
from a solution and may simply be oscillating near the solution.

The max iteration errors are not related to the simulation warm-up period.  For
each HVAC time step, the simulation iterates until the loop temperatures and
loads (at various checkpoints) do not change from one iteration to the next by
more that the tolerance criteria.  The Maximum HVAC Iterations limit defaults
to 20.  You could also try increasing this value to see if the simulation is
able to converge with more iterations using the "System Convergence Limits"
object.  If you cannot come to a conclusion on this, you may upload the input
file to the yahoo files area, or send it as a zipped attachment to energyplus-
support@xxxxxxxx.

Mike

http://us.click.yahoo.com/97bhrC/LGxNAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM