RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] how to simulate atrium and its adjacent offices

Nicole,

Re:  your second question about stratification

This is a tough problem, but the implications of stratification can now
be modeled in EnergyPlus using user-defined room air models - see the
I/O reference for the ROOMAIR TEMPERATURE PATTERN objects.   However,
these models require that you already know something about the
stratification.  CFD is probably needed to do a good job of determining
the vertical distribution of air temperatures.   But a simple way to
model atria in EnergyPlus is to assume a vertical gradient (?for a 50
meter high space maybe 0.1 deg C per meter?) and use the ROOMAIR
TEMPERATURE PATTERN:CONSTANT GRADIENT object.

Brent

  _____