Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] COIL:Water:Cooling

This coil model is documented in the Engineering Reference, beginning near the
bottom of p. 421 (pdf p. 453).  The design (autosizing) calculations for the
coil determine several UA values for the coil and a chilled water flow rate
which will satisfy the design inlet/outlet conditions.

The component sizing report for the coil will show the values used and/or
computed for any field in which "autosize" has been entered.  If the leaving
air conditions are set to "autosize" they will be taken from cooling supply
temperature and humidity specified in the SYSTEM SIZING object.  The entering
and leaving chilled water temperatures are taken from the PLANT SIZING object.
The entering air conditions are taken from the design day mixed air conditions
at peak cooling load.

In the numbers below, what is "coil T out"?  Is this a sizing report result or
a simulation result?

Mike

On 26 Jun 2006 at 11:56, tonybaxterhevacomp wrote:

> Hello anyone,
>
> I have set up a simple constant volume a/c system, with a chilled
> water cooling coil, with water at 7/9 degC. There is zone temperature
> control but no humidity control.  The sizing results give me an all
> sensible load of 6.5kW (ie no dehumid).  I noticed that I was
> using 'autosize' for the 'Design Outlet Air Humidity Ratio' (DOAHR)
> item.  When I changed this, the coil performance, not unreasonably,
> started to change.  I cannot however figure out what is happening to
> the coil performance.
>
> The figures for the coil, as I varied DOAHR are:
>
> Coil DOAHR     0.002    0.004    0.006   0.008   0.010    0.012
> Coil T out     18.45    16.3     17.1    16.01   18.93    21.2
> Coil Hum out 0.00945  0.00828  0.00868  0.01001 0.00976  0.01001
>
> In all cases, the coil Design Inlet Air Humidity Ratio was set
> to 'autosize'. The on-coil condition is 28.3C/0.01001
> For autosized DOAHR, the off-coil condition is 16C/0.01001
>
> Does anyone know what the 'autosize' option does with the coil
> performance and what is happening as DOAHR varies
>
> COIL:Water:Cooling,A3:Cool,Psched:1,autosize,autosize,autosize,autosiz
> e,autosize,autosize,autosize,A3In:Cool,A3Out:Cool,A3:SinA,A3:SinB,Simp
> leAnalysis,CrossFlow;
>

> Best wishes
>
> Tony Baxter

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support