Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] SolarCollector FlatPlate Example

If the collectors are shutting off due to high tank temperature, then one would
expect the electric consumption to rise as the tank volume falls.  Although
there is an offsetting reduction in tank losses as well, but that should be a
small impact.  I have asked the solar/hot water expert to check into this
further.

Mike

On 30 Jun 2006 at 3:00, bgavin99 wrote:

> Hi All,
> The volume of the storage tank in this example is given as 1.5 cubic
> metres. When I reduce this value to 0.3 cubic metres I appear to get
> little chsnge in the Instantaneous Water Electricity Consumption over
> a summers day.
> It is a sunny day with solar incident at about 600 watts.sq metre at 7am.
> The solar collector configuration is still the three AE32's.
> Should the daily electricity consumption increase as the storage tank
> volume decreases?
>
> Any thoughts?
>
> Bruce

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support