Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Victorville Weather Data

Consult the CEC listing of California Thermal Zones (CTZ) to determine which
zone Victorville is in.  Then you have two options.  You can use the CTZ
weather file for that zone or see if Riverside or Barstow are listed in the
same thermal zone and use one of those.

Mike

On 12 Jul 2006 at 23:58, Drury.Crawley@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Ian,
>
> There were enough data for the design conditions
> (ASHRAE Handbook) but there weren't enough when
> the TMY2, etc. files were created.
>
> NREL is working on a new version/update to the TMY2s
> but it will likely be late this year or early next before those
> files are available.
>
> Dru
>

>                       "Ian Doebber"
>                       <ian.doebber@xxxxxxxx>       To:
> EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>                       Sent by:                     cc:
>                       EnergyPlus_Support@yaho      Subject:
> [EnergyPlus_Support] Victorville Weather Data
>                       ogroups.com
>

>                       07/12/2006 11:52 PM
>                       Please respond to
>                       EnergyPlus_Support
>

>                                      User Filed as: Not Categorized in ERMS

> ------|
> |
>        | If this external e-mail is a record and you are the first EERE
> recipient, click the|
>        |           'File to ERMS' button in the toolbar to categorize this
> e-mail           |

> ------|
>

> I'm interested in weather data for Victorville, CA. The closest I can
> find on the E+ website is Barstow, CA and Riverside, CA. The ASHRAE
> Handbook has design conditions for Victorville. Therefore I'm curious
> whether Victorville weather data exists and if so, how can I get it. If
> it doesn't exist, can anyone recommend Barstow or Riverside as
> representative of Victorville climate. Thanks in advance
>
> Ian

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support