Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Total or sensible heat

You are correct that EnergyPlus bases the ZONE SIZING supply air flow rate
calculations on sensible load.  For heating, this carries through to the
capacity of the heating coil or furnace which is a sensible device.  For
cooling, however, the capacity includes both sensible and latent and the
nominal SHR of the cooling system may change due to the level of latent loads
in the zone.  So for heating, sensible only.  For cooling, primarily sensible
but latent also.

By the way, a simple way to experimentally produce the sensible gain from
people is to use incandescent light bulbs.  Some experimenters mount the light
bulbs inside a black metal can to better simulate the radiant heat emission.

Mike