Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Severe Geometry & Fatal Airflow Network Iterations Errors

Kristin:

I got your input file and tested it. Here is what I found:

An exhaust fan is used as a part of Controlled Zone Equip Configuration and
in the AirflowNetwork model. The AirflowNetwork model only allows a constant
volume fan as a component of a primary air loop. The zone exhaust fan is not
allowed in the AirflowNetwork model for air distribution simulations. You
have two choices to work around:

1    Perform multizone simulations only

Change the field choice of AirflowNetwork Control in the AirflowNetwork
Simulation object from "Multizone with Distribution" to "Multizone without
Distribution". In this way, air distribution system will not be simulated. A
zone exhaust fan can be used in conjuction with multizone air flow
simulation.

2    Perform multizone with distribution simulations wihtout exhaust fans

Since zone exhaust fans are not allowed in air distribution system
simulations using the AirflowNetwork model. You may delete any objects
related to exhaust fans entirely as follows:
-    Last two objects of AirflowNetwork:Distribution:Node
-    Last two objects of AirflowNetwork:Distribution:Linkage
-    Exhaust fan object of AIRFLOWNETWORK:DISTRIBUTION:COMPONENT CONSTANT
VOLUME FAN
-    ZoneExhausts in Node List object
-    No Zone Exhaust Fan objects
-    Leave the blank in the "Node List or Node Name: Zone Air Exhaust Node"
field of Controlled Zone Equip Configuration object

Please let me know if you need more information. We definately consider your
application as our future feature.

Lixing