Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Baseboard Heater:Water: Convective Model

> temperature, and Tin is the room temperature. I wonder if this Tin is
> the set indoor temperature or the obtained. In addition where plays
> the Max Flow Rate a roll in the calculation? Can you give me a short
> explanation about the model for the Baseboard Heater? Actually, how do
> the defined values, UA and Max Water Flow rate, influence the
> calculation algorithm?

Tin is the current calculated (obtained) zone air temperature.

Max Flow Rate is the upper limit on the hot water flow rate, which in turn
limits the heating capacity of the baseboard unit.

UA also limits the heating capacity.

Mike

On 9 Oct 2006 at 13:19, natasamdj wrote:

> Dear,
> Before some time I asked you about the model of Baseboard Heater. Then
> I got the answer that the model is not controlling return water
> temperature, rather it is controlling the water flow rate to add the
> required amount of heat to the zone to meet the thermostat setpoint.
>
> I have been reading about the model. I found out that the capacity of
> the heater is defined as q=UA*(Tw-Tin). Where Tw is the water inlet
> temperature, and Tin is the room temperature. I wonder if this Tin is
> the set indoor temperature or the obtained. In addition where plays
> the Max Flow Rate a roll in the calculation? Can you give me a short
> explanation about the model for the Baseboard Heater? Actually, how do
> the defined values, UA and Max Water Flow rate, influence the
> calculation algorithm?
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Natasa M.Djuric

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support