Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] one problem

Sorry it took a while to dig into the details here (with the help of another
team member).  There are two key differences between the middle floor and the
top floor.  The middle floor zones have infiltration and the top floor does
not, but this is a very small impact.  The other difference is that the middle
floor has nearly twice the glazing (window) area that the top floor has.  To
confirm, I would suggest deleting some of the windows in the middle floor zones
to achieve similar window areas and then check the comparison again.

Mike

On 30 Oct 2006 at 22:49, kir kumar wrote:

> Dear all,
>              I am simulating a huge building with seven floors and each floor
> is having two zones(east zone and west zone).
>
>            I ran a simulation of my building in which the internal loads are
> same on all floors. I took the average value for total water cooling coil load
> of all the middle floors(both on east side zones & west side zones). This
> value(total cooling coil load for a typical middle floor) is higher than the
> total cooling coil load of top floor. Since the roof of top floor is exposed
> to solar radiation, the top floor  must have a cooling  coil load higher than
> that of a typical middle floor. But why the coil load for typical middle floor
> is higher than that of top floor?
>   I verified my idf file but cannot figure out the mistake.
>   I uploaded my idf file in Files > Problem_Submittals > kiran-folder . The
> name of the idf file is "kiran.idf". Please go through it.
> Please help me.
>
> Thanks in advance
> kiran

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support