Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] File conversion V1-3 to V1.4

At 11:01 AM 11/13/2006, aboyemeplus wrote:

>I ran "Transition Version" from  the EP-Launch File menu to convert
>one of my old models into V1.4. The utility program did run OK (as
>far as can tell), but the following message is displayed every time
>I try to run a simulation with the subject model:

Several files result from running the transition program, including
the extension .vcperr if there are errors.

>Is there anything else I need to do besides running the "TRANSITION
>VERSION" option from the FILE menu? How can I tell if a model has
>been transitioned into the latest version or not?

Look at the files of that name in your folder.  You should have:

<name>.idf (this should have a version object of V1.4 if it has been
transitioned).
<name>.idfold (this should have V1.3 as it's version number)
<name>.idfnew (this should be identical to .idf)

You can also look at the dates on the files.

Now, if you had that file previously (earlier version) and
transitioned it to V1.3, you might have had a .idfold already in the
folder and you might not have noticed when EP-Launch said it couldn't
transition it.

As a precaution, I usually rename my transitioned files to the
version I have transitioned them to.  Then, I'm  more certain and can
check more easily.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list