RE: [EnergyPlus_Support] IDF Editor X Text Editor

No, IDF Editor always rearranges input objects when it saves.  Using both types of editors does not work well unless you only use IDF Editor to look at input objects and then make all the changes in the text editor.

________________________________

From: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Thiago Karashima
Sent: Friday, November 17, 2006 4:45 AM
To: EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EnergyPlus_Support] IDF Editor X Text Editor

I use both IDF Editor and Text Editor to edit my idf files.
But how can I edit an idf file in IDF Editor and save the changes
through IDF Editor in such a way that the arrangement of the text I´ve
made previously using Text Editor keep on?
What´s happening is that when I save changes through IDF Editor it
reorganize (or make a mess, for me)
all the text in a pattern from IDF Editor.
It is possible saving changes in IDF Editor without this text
rearrangement?

Thanks for your attention!

Thiago Karashima