Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] LOW TEMP RADIANT SYSTEM:HYDRONIC in combination with purchased air object

Arno:

The situation you describe cannot exactly be modeled in EnergyPlus.  What
can be done is to have both the radiant system and the purchased air system
turn on at 23C with the radiant system taking priority over the purchased
air system.  Unfortunately, any load not met by the radiant system will be
met by the purchased air system, even if the temperature is not yet above 26C.

Currently, we are looking at the possibility of changing the radiant system
controls.  The biggest change being considered is the decoupling of the
radiant system from the thermostat controls used for conventional forced
air systems.  If such changes are implemented, then you would be able to
achieve the control that you described in your email.  This is something
that the development team will discuss and prioritize for work in the near
future.

Thanks,

Rick Strand
EnergyPlus Development Team