Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] The way of DOAS

First, you do not need airflow network objects to model this.  That is an
advanced feature that should be added only after the rest of the HVAC system
model is in place and working properly.

EnergyPlus can model DOAS by using an AIR PRIMARY LOOP with DIRECT AIR terminal
units to deliver preconditioned outside air directly into one or more zones.
Then a zone equipment system, such as fan coil or PTAC or PTHP is used to meet
the net zone load.  Be sure to list the DIRECT AIR units with priority = 1 in
the ZONE EQUIPMENT LIST.  There is no example file like this.

Mike

On 21 Feb 2007 at 5:58, love9787m wrote:

> Dear Sir
>
> I'm currently working on a project which makes DOAS using enegyplus
> But I'm beginner, now I have a lot of difficulties to figure out DOAS
> in enegyplus.
> First, I made a simple building using designbuilder and exported to
> energyplus and then to figure out the DOAS, enter the value at the
> items (airpath, airflow network system, etc) and ran the simulation
> But I found errors
> Considering those process, I made a lot of mistakes.
> Now I'm tired to find the way which figures out DOAS.
> Please Let me know about process, items which should be filled.
>
> Sincerely,
> Dae Woong Ha

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.idf and press the
> "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support