Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Wind pressure coefficients

Simulating the building with wind from the North gives you the Cp values
for all surfaces at that wind angle (0). But this is just 1 Cp value for
each surface. The wind in any simulation will come from many (or all)
directions. If you simulate your building from the East, South, and
West, you will then have the Cp values for all surfaces at wind angles
of 90, 180, and 270. But this again is only 4 wind directions. If you
simulate the building with wind from the North, NorthEast, East,
SouthEast, South, SouthWest, West, and NorthWest, you will then have the
Cp values for all surfaces at wind angles of 0, 45, 90, 135, 180, 225,
270, 315, and 360 (45 degree increments). Now you have Cp values for all
surfaces at 8 wind directions. Get the idea? Since you already have the
CFD model, this should be pretty easy.

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years

http://us.click.yahoo.com/hOt0.A/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/dkFolB/TM