[EnergyPlus_Support] Re: Autosizing and general E+ procedure

I understand that for an annual simulation run time may not be
significantly altered; however for runnning optimizations E+ is
called upon 200+ times for a daily simulation.  This becomes the
limiting factor in our test.  If I can reduce the run time down to
under 1 minute, the optimization can be exponentially reduced in
time.

Thank you for your fast response.

--- In EnergyPlus_Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael J. Witte"
<mjwitte@...> wrote:

> I am surprised that autosizing would add significantly to run
time.  Sizing
> performs a loads-only (purchased air simulation) for each
DesignDay, then calls