[EnergyPlus_Support] Wind Speed for Surface Orientation

I am looking for how E-Plus determines "Surface Ext Wind Speed" output
from site wind speed as listed in a design day object. I imagine there
is some formula/rule that involves surface orientation but I cannot
find it in the documentation. I could just be overlooking something. I
did find adjustments for elevation differences but I do not believe
that this is my problem here. In case magnitudes are important, I have
a south facing surface wind speed of 413 ft/min and a design day wind
speed of 1311 ft/min. The surface is only 22 ft high.

Thanks,

Mike