Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Report table predefined problem

I do not know which specific table report values you are comparing and what
specific zone-level report variables you are referencing.

If your starting point is "Zone/Sys Sensible Cooling Energy" (or Heating), then
the end-use energy consumption for heating and cooling will be different due to
latent coil loads, supply fan heat, outside air loads, pump heat, and equipment
efficiencies.

REPORT VARIABLES are defined in the Input Output Reference (search for the
variable name) and table reports are explained in the Output Details And
Examples document.

Mike

On 11 May 2007 at 17:28, Emanuel Sá wrote:

> Dear all
>
> I notice that for several times, the heating energy and cooling energy
> presented in the reported table predefined for a annual simulation
> didn't match the sum of the cooling and heating energy for the
> individual zones. This has happened several times. In one other
> simulation using an 100% efficiency boiler, the heating energy
> reported in the end use report (from the predefined reports) was about
> 4 times more than the sum of the heating energy reported for each
> conditioned room.
>
> Is there any known problem with this report? Or am I making any king
> of confusion with this report?
>
> Best regards
>
> Emanuel Sá

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx