Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] power problem of the "Variable Speed Pump"

1) PumpEquip(PumpNum) just refers to each specific pump in the
EnergyPlus code. If there is only one pump in the simulation it would be
PumpEquip(1)

2) NomVolFlowRate is the rated volumetric flow rate input in the pump object

3) Use the least squares fit (regression) method to determine the pump
coefficients. Most spreadsheet can do this. You will need to know the
pump power versus part load ratio to calculate this. Its basically a
pump power curve.

4) If PartLoadCoef(2) is equal to 1 and all others are 0, then the pump
has a power curve proportional to part load ratio. This is a
simplification for variable speed pumps. A better power curve for
variable speed pumps would have a coefficient less than 1 for
PartLoadCoef(2) and non-zero coefficients for PartLoadCoef(3) and/or
PartLoadCoef(4). At a part load ratio equal to 1, FracFullLoadPower
would equal 1. A constant speed pump will have a 1 for PartLoadCoef(1)
and 0 for all other coefficients which is why the Pump:Constant Speed
object does not request inputs for PartLoadCoef(1-4)..

--
Richard A. Raustad
Senior Research Engineer

UCF - From Promise to Prominence: Celebrating 40 Years