Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] ideal cooling + constVolSystem

I think I see the problem now.  At the zone level EnergyPlus tries to balance
airflows.  The airflow on the return air node is equal to the sum of inlet
flows less exhaust node flows.  Because Purchased Air only places flow on an
inlet node, the zone air balance does not see a corresponding flow at an
exhaust node.  This is causing a flow at the return node that does not balance
with the rest of the air loop.  So, it appears that you cannot combine
Purchased Air with an air loop serving the same zone.

I will ask the air loop expert if there is a way to make this work, but I
suspect you will need to use a piece of zone equipment (fan coil, window ac,
ptac) to provide cooling.

Mike