Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] EnergyPlus validation not working. Help

It's difficult to say what the problem might be.  Please upload the input file
to the yahoo group files area in the Problem Submittals folder, or zip and e-
mail to energyplus-support@xxxxxxxx

Regarding the CondFD solution, there are known problems with MATERIAL:REGULAR-
R.  First, change to an equivalent MATERIAL:REGULAR.  But we have encountered
cases with no MATERIAL:REGULAR-R which do not produce results similar to the
CTF results.  Some model match up well, and others do not.  This is still under
investigation.

Mike

On 22 Jun 2007 at 2:39, taharvey2001 wrote:

> We've been getting results for E+ that we found suspicious,
> particularly with surface reflectivity, so we attempted to do a simple
> real world validation for Energyplus using an simple solar box (a
> thermal equivalent of the 3D rendering Cornell box).
>
> For the solar box, we used a solar box cooker with reflective panels.
> In EnergyPlus we made the same R10 2' square insulated box with a
> single clear glass window and used 100% reflective glazing for
> reflectors (since E+ doesn't let you specify specularity on normal
> materials - please change!).
>
> We ran it on a clear sky solar date at the same tilt. Peak temp results:
> Real Solar Box: 350 F
> Hand calculated result: 360 F
> EnergyPlus: 210 F
> EnergyPlus (Finite Differencing): 117F
>
> If i delete the reflectors, the solar gain changes only a tiny amount
> and the box temperatures don't change - obviously the reflection is
> not working properly - any ideas? (yes full interior/exterior with
> reflections is turned on)
>
> The second question is what is up with Finite Differencing?

> http://www.energyplus.gov
>
> The group web site is:

> EnergyPlus Documentation is searchable.  Open EPlusMainMenu.pdf under the
> Documentation link and press the "search" button.
>
> Yahoo! Groups Links

Michael J. Witte, GARD Analytics, Inc.
EnergyPlus Testing and Support
EnergyPlus-Support@xxxxxxxx