Re: [EnergyPlus_Support] Changing Energy+.idd

BRANCH LIST,
  \extensible Just duplicate last field and \ comments (changing
numbering, please)
  \memo Branches MUST be listed in flow order: inlet branch, then
parallel branches, then outlet branch.
  \memo Branches are simulated in the order listed.  Branch names
cannot be duplicated within a single branch list.
    A1, \field Branch List Name
        \required-field
        \reference BranchLists
    A2, \field Branch Name 1
        \required-field
        \type object-list
        \object-list Branches
<snip>
   A100, \field Branch Name 99
         \type object-list
         \object-list Branches
   A101; \field Branch Name 100
         \type object-list
         \object-list Branches

(as it is in the distributed IDD).

you take:
     A101; \field Branch Name 100
         \type object-list
         \object-list Branches

change the ; to a ,
     A101, \field Branch Name 100
         \type object-list
         \object-list Branches

then add:
     A101, \field Branch Name 100
         \type object-list
         \object-list Branches
as many times as you need, finally having:
     A101; \field Branch Name 100
         \type object-list
         \object-list Branches

If you were a developer doing this, we would require that you
renumber the fields, so they would be
A102, A103, ... for the new ones.

You must do this for the other objects as well.  And you must pay
attention to the rules of the extensibility -- not all are a simple
copy and paste of one field.

We want to automate this, for extensible objects, it's on our list of
things to do.

Linda

EnergyPlus WebSite: http://www.energyplus.gov
Owner: EnergyPlus_Support list